GO by: DATE
[<][>]
THREAD
[<]
INDEX by:  DATE  THREAD  SUBJECT  AUTHOR   latest

As the season winds down, we'd like to take a moment to invite you to the last week of "Altered Landscape" and tell you a little about the Fall schedule.  "Altered Landscape" runs through July 27 and was reviewed mentioned in this week's New Yorker and the Village Voice (the reviews are posted at http://www.lflgallery.com)

Our fall season includes exhibitions by Matt Anderson and Lansing-Dreiden a collaborative project by media artists Alejandro Cardenas and Jorge Elbrecht.

Matt Anderson creates his paintings based on the subject he finds in lost or discarded snapshots.  Forgotten memories and individuals are memorialized and reinstilled with value through the medium of painting.  An important aspect of this process is his desire to celebrate his own past by choosing images of working/middle white Americans. His exhibition will open on Thursday, September 6 from 6-8 PM. If you would like to reserve a painting please contact the gallery before September 5.

The following site contains more in depth description of Lansing-Dreiden's  "Quiet Earth," a project being shown at the  Gallery in October. In addition, the site contains  several pre-production drawings for "Quiet Earth",  mp3s of original Lansing-Dreiden themes (those are free for download,) and images of prior work by Lansing-Dreiden. Please enjoy the site by clicking the link below, but before you do, be sure you have installed the flash 5 player. Another important thing to note is that there is kind of a trick to entering the site: you must click on the small opening logo before ten seconds elapse, at which point an animation begins, and you will not be able to enter the site unless you reload the page and try again. The site is located at link: http://www.lansing-dreiden.com

LFL Gallery
531 W26th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10001
t (212) 631 7700 f (212) 631 7705
http://www.lflgallery.com
http://www.art-online.org

We are changing our email system. If you'd like to be removed or sign up to receive press releases, click the link below.